Friday, March 11, 2011

Easy Peasy Taco Salad!



Posted by Picasa


So I want to preface this recipe by saying that I do a lot of recipes that you can use things from your 3 month  and/or year supply. We all have different things in our supplys but I thought I would give you a list of some of the basics in mine.

Canned chicken and beef
Canned Veggies~ corn, green beans
Ranch Style beans
El pato
Canned tomatos
canned olives
diced green chiles

That is just a couple. I will do a future post on how I SLOWLY got my 3 month supply. It is overwhelming but I think I can simplify. Anyway, Back to taco salad. As I said I use some stuff so that I can rotate but I use fresh when I can!



What you need:
1 lb. of Lean Hamburger (or shredded beef from 3 month supply)
1 can of corn, drained
2 cans Ranch Style Beans
1 can sliced olives
Shredded cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Onions
Tortilla Chips
Salsa~recipe below


Brown Hamburger, add the corn, beans, olives. Cook until all is warm.  My boys like a big helping of the meat mix with lettuce, tomato, cheese, onions, and salsa and then scoop up with the chips. I like to make a salad with the lettuce and tomato and onion then put some of the bean and meat mix on top! You can also put sour cream. I like to mix salsa with Ranch! I have also made my salsa recipe so that you can use your supply items as well. If needed I use fresh when I can!





Rachel's Salsa

1 Large can whole peeled tomatos
1 small can yellow el pato
1/2 Large Bell Pepper~ small can diced green chiles if  using supply
1 Large Anaheim pepper~small can jalapenos if using supply
1/2 large onion~dried onion if using supply
6~green onions
1 large cut off the top of a cilantro bunch (to taste)~i have dried cilantro for supply
Salt
Pepper
Stevia or sugar
garlic powder


cut up the veggies and put in blender. Use 1/2-3/4 the can of el pato. The more the spicier it will be. Add the can of tomatos. Then do 2-3 shakes of garlic powder, 2 shakes stevia or a heaping spoonful of sugar! Salt and pepper to taste. I put enough pepper to cover the top! Then blend to desired thickness! WARNING! Its Goood!

4 comments:

  1. I do have to say that Rachel's Salsa IS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I love salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I found your blog through Lolly Jane! Your banners are absolutely adorable! And I read magazines backwards too, I think we could be good friends!

    Carlee,
    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete